Over the course of the hack, we went through several different ideas, and all of those ideas went through several iterations and evolutions of their own. Being very new to not only Xcode and iOS development, but also Swift as a language. We were cautious to avoid ideas and iterations that seemed too farfetched or vulnerable to feature creep. Eventually we settled on smart roads. We did this because we knew that if the project ran into serious and prolonged technical issues, the core function highlighting the locations of features of significance to the driver would still be of use within and of itself, even if we could not implement the stretch goals relating to radius based search areas, calculating distance from the user, and a user-based hazard tagging system.
Although we were not able to implement the user data based systems, we were sucessful in implementing all core functions, and most of our stretch goals. Overall, a very successful project and a favourable outcome.