The last tree-bender is about encouraging elderly people to take refreshing daily walks. This is to help them exercise as well as improving their mental, and physical health. This is done by selecting an 'interesting tree' that is close by to that specific area, maps are then printed out and then readily made available to the elderly so that they may conduct their daily walks.
This helps elderly:
- Get their daily exercise.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Improve their cardiovascular and pulmonary fitness.
- Strengthen their bones and muscles.
- Socialize with other elderly that are on the same route/tree.
- Improve your overall body conditions.